The Power of Touch
There is nothing like the power of TOUCH. Massage is a powerful tool to reset your mind and body. Many of of think of massage as solely for relaxation but there is so much more to it than that. Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for many health conditions:
Did you know there are many healing qualities of massage?
Reduce stress – anxiety and insomnia related to stress
Decrease pain and relieve tension
Lower heart rate and blood pressure
Strengthen Immune System
Massage Therapy Edmonton – SMRT Health Centre – Hot Stone Massage
14256 23 Avenue SW Edmonton, AB T6R 3B9
What are your massage needs?
Are you in pain? Are your muscles tight and sore? Do you suffer from headaches? Are you an athlete or exercise enthusiast? Pregnant with swollen ankles?
- Thai Foot/Hand Reflexology: Is the application of pressure onto particular areas of the soles of the feet. It helps relieve tension and restore balance health and mental serenity. Foot Reflexology uses hands, fingers, thumbs, knuckles & rounded wooden stick
- Hot Stone Massage: Hot Stone Massage is a unique form of massage using smooth heated basalt stones to achieve a state of relaxation and release muscle tension and aches.
- Cupping Massage: Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.
- Deep Tissue Massage: therapy is similar to Swedish massage, but the deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints)
- Relaxation Massage: A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax you, not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying ailments
- Prenatal Massage: It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling)
- Sports Massage: Sports massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to the muscles and tendons. But you don’t have to be and athlete to benefit from sports massage.
Your first visit?
If you are new to SMRT health ask us about our massage promotion for new clients.