Join us as we celebrate an incredible 2 years with an open house!!!! As a thank you for the amazing support you have shown we are offering:
- Free treatments by naturopathic doctor, massage therapist and acupuncturist.
- There will be lots of chances to win great prizes, free services and gift baskets
- Free product samples
- Delicious Food
- Henna artist for the whole family
- Meet our team
AND MUCH MORE
What is FRA?
FRA (also referred to as facial acupuncture, cosmetic acupuncture or acupuncture face lift) is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging and rebalancing your body. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of hair thin disposable needles into the points on the face and body.
Why choose Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
When compared to traditional plastic surgery Cosmetic Acupuncture is less invasive and has minimal side effects. There is no down time, anaesthetic, disfigurement or permanent side effects.
- It helps to eliminate fine lines and makes the deeper lines look softer
- It can add also help to minimize:
- dark circles
- puffy eyes
- double chin
- sagging skin
- drooping eyelids
- Keeps acne skin under control
How does it work?
The superficial (shallow) insertion of needles will increase the circulation to the face which:
- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increases collagen production and improves its dispersal
- Moisturizes the skin from inside by increasing local circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Nourishes the skin, giving a healthy complexion with a natural glow by increasing peripheral circulation
- Tightens pores and brightens the eyes
Who can benefit?
There are two groups of people who can benefit from acupuncture facelifts:
- Those in their thirties (30’s) can use it as a preventative course of treatment to avoid the appearance of aging signs.
- People in their forties (40’s), fifties (50’s), and older can use acupuncture to erase years of aging.
Some people use it on an as needed basis just to help look their best for special events, and in those cases a person may receive only one treatment.
What does the research show?
A 1996 report in the International journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with Cosmetic Acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment. The effects include: improvement of elasticity of facial muscles, ruddier complexion and overall rejuvenation.
Where are the needles placed?
Sterilized and disposable hair-thin needles are inserted into the face as well as on distinct extremity points such as hands and legs.
How many sessions will I need?
The effects of cosmetic acupuncture are cumulative. Once you begin a session it is important to follow through with each session. The more consistent, the better the results.
An initial course of treatment recommended for all patients will be 10-12 sessions. Results are usually noticeable after the first couple of treatments.
Additional courses of treatment may be desirable depending on your skin and it’s condition. After the first course, an assessment is made to determine if another course is necessary or to move into a maintenance course. The frequency of maintenance of once every 4-6 weeks to prolong the results.
For someone using it as a preventative measure they can start with an initial course of 5 sessions and then continue with a maintenance of one session every 3-4 months.
Can I use FRA if I have had Botox® and/or surgical facelift?
Yes, cosmetic acupuncture will maintain the effectiveness of botox but has to be done 4 weeks away from your last botox treatment. Together they can work to reduce the amount of botox injections per year. Many people who have had complications from a traditional surgical facelift seek acupuncture treatments to ease and erase those damaging side effects.